Monday 12 January 2015

Sacrifice and Change


If you have had a read of my Hello 2015 post you'd know eating better and moving more are high on my agenda for 2015.

From August 2014 my fitness and eating (mainly the fitness) took a turn and went off course. I'd ditched my personal trainer and changed gyms in order to save some pennies. It was in my routine for two years to have a PT session twice a week and attend the gym twice more.  Four days a week in total.  So when I sacrificed him and the gym to save for the future... My aerobic activities slid. On the plus side my finances are in the green as opposed to the nasty red and I feel my future looks far more brighter than it did six months ago.  So giving him up and changing gyms did what I intended.

Initially I told myself to get moving more and I did.  I was out pretty much every evening on the bike riding around the local country park or jogging around the streets to complete a 5km run.  I then went on holiday and the nights drew out and hibernation mode set in.  I turned into a hedgehog.

I tried to redeem myself by taking part in the FitGirlsGuide challenge from late October to late November,  however I then caused a knee injury from pushing myself too hard at the gym. I literally couldn't walk without being in pain for a few weeks.  Not very good at all.

After that my thoughts were screw it lets eat sh*t.  I had my work Christmas party - got drunk ... plus I also got food poisoning from meal I ate (which helped my weight loss) then it was my birthday, Christmas and New Years.  As they say it all went a bit square shaped in December.

Now to be completely frank, I have put on a few pounds and I'm not happy with myself...I feel a tyre forming around my middle.  Only cars are meant to have spare tyres.  As of today I'm signing up to Slimming World.  I did it before and I will do it again.  I need to get a grip of what I'm putting into my body. 

Also tonight I went to the gym for the first time since my knee injury... I spent 50 minutes arse whipping myself and get hot n' sweaty.  I think it did the trick as I can certainly feel the DOMS coming.  I'm not going to run a marathon just yet but I can feel change is in the air!  My plan is for three times a week and have realistic goals to aim for - I'm never going to be the next Kylie Jenner and I'm not going to aim to be someone I can never be.  I aim to be a happier me!


Ax
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

© CHATTING WITH ANGELA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig