Friday 7 December 2012

The Essential Holiday Makeup Trio

When it comes to the first few days of a holiday/vacation and you feel a little pale around the pool I generally like to wear a spot of makeup.

I have three essentials that I love to use; a tinted moisturiser, a waterproof mascara and eyeshadow.  I still like to wear some makeup but I generally tone it down a lot and I steer clear of foundations to give my skin a rest.


No7 Triple Protection, Revlon Colourstay and Maybelline Legal Lengths

This year my three essentials were:

No7 Triple Protection Tinted Moisturiser
Revlon Colourstay Shadow Stick in Torch
Maybelline Legal Lengths Mascara (Waterproof version)




The Tinted Moisturiser
This years tinted moisturiser of choice was the No7 Triple Protection.  I'd had a sample sized amount which I liked and thought I'd give the full sized tube a shot.  I have the shade fair/medium which was initially dark on my pale skin, but after I had a few days in the sun this looked perfect on me. 

It gives a gorgeous dewy look to the skin without looking greasy and the coverage is good for a tinted moisturiser.  I did find it difficult to blend when I applied it with my fingers, but a buffing brush from Real Techniques put an end to the difficultly.  The great thing about this product is the protection it gives your skin.  It has a 5 star UVA technology so it protects your skin from ageing plus it has SPF 15.

There is a limited shade choice however with only three to choose from.  For a high street brand it is on the expensive side at £11.50 but if you try to purchase it when No7 have the vouchers for £5 off you're on to a winner. 

The Eyeshadow
When it comes to eyeshadow, staying power is the key demand.  For a quick, easy eye the Revlon Colourstay Smokey Shadow sticks are the 'it' item to have in your makeup bag.  At £7.99 for two colours I think you'd be silly not to have them. 

Long lasting and come in a great range of shades they are simple and quick to use.  No tools required!  Bonus when travelling and you don't have much space.

Torch (above) is great natural colour for the eyes and it also comes with the brown which is great for smoking out the eye and lining it.  If you want to see swatches you can click here.

The waterproof mascara
When by the pool or on holiday at all, a waterproof mascara is a must.  No one wants panda eyes!  I'd never tried the original Maybelline Legal Lengths mascara before, however using this I am impressed with the look it gives my lashes.

With it's fibre extensions in the mascara itself this lengthens the lashes amazingly.  You can really see the difference.  I do like a full lash look which you don't get with this, but if you're looking for illegal length... then this is for you!

As for the waterproof qualities...does it last?  Yes!!!  My Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish got a good work out after using this.  So if you're on the look out for a waterproof, I'd recommend this and as for the price it's definitely worth it at £8.99.

What is your holiday makeup essentials?

Angela xox
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

© CHATTING WITH ANGELA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig