Monday 16 July 2012

Collection 2000 Super Size Fat Lash Mascara Review

With a name as catchy as Super Size Fat Lash Mascara you are assuming you're going to be treated to fabulous super sized lashes.  Collection 2000's latest offering isn't all that's cracked up to be, let me explain why.

Featuring in my 'TAG: £20 Makeup Look ' video, which you can see here if you like, I had to grab myself a bargain mascara.  At £2.99 this is one of the cheapest mascaras on the UK drug store market.

The tube

With the tube donning the big fat words of Super Size, you'd think you'd be getting big results. Wrong!  The name of this mascara is completely misleading.  Instead of 'fat lash', I think it should say 'what lash?'

What they promise

The wand looks promising, it's just a standard bristle brush.  The mascara itself is very dry and it doesn't look like you get much product on the brush.  For longevity you're not meant to pump the mascara wand into the tube as that allows air into the tube, therefore drying it out faster and letting bacteria in.  Even after a naughty pump or two, you still don't get much mascara on the wand.


The wand

Now for the swatches.  I have taken various pictures at different angles so you can see the effect or lack of should I say.  Both lashes were curled twice before application and at least three coats of the mascara have been applied.  Now see what they look like. . .

The results

Sparse, flat, almost natural looking lashes.  Now where are my fat lashes as promised!?!  No matter how many times I applied this, it just made no difference.  It is hard to believe this is three coats.  It annoyingly left product on my lids, it left it so close to the lash line it looks like liner.

There is no big bold volumising effect which the tube says.  I'll be honest, I feel like this mascara is a complete flop.  I think the name they chose doesn't match the results given, it's creates more of a natural look.  So will I be buying it again once I use it all?  No, sorry Collection 2000.


Have you had any bad experiences with mascaras?

Angela xox
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I always struggle to find a good mascara, they are the bane of my life!

    Its a shame because collection 2000 did a curling mascara that I actually loved, but discontinued it. Maybe they should have got rid of this one instead! Shame this didn't live up to its name. Great review :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

© CHATTING WITH ANGELA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig