Monday 7 May 2012

Ecotools verses MAC!

When it comes to my newly pruned eyebrows I am showering them with love.  I have always used my beloved MAC 266 to beautify my brows with either MAC's Smut eyeshadow or the HD Brows palette.  It was the only brush I used. . .until now!

Bamboo Angled Eyeliner Brush

Whilst walking around Boots a few weeks ago I was checking out the beauty accessories.  I have never ever used any Ecotools before, but when I noticed how much their angled eyeliner brush resembled the small angled 266 brush I thought I'd pick it up to see.

Main picture: MAC top and Ecotools bottom Inserted picture (L-R): Ecotools and MAC

MAC 266 Small Angle Brush: At a jaw dropping £16.00 it is a great multi purpose brush at a price.  I initially got this for eyeliner.  Unfortunately I found it a little difficult to work with when creating that fine line.  So instead of liner I opted to try it with my brows and haven't looked back.  The bristle are strong and make applying a powder to the brows so easy. The good thing about MAC is the brushes are made to last a life time if treated with TLC.

Ecotools Angled Liner Brush:  If you're all about the environment and saving the coins then this will be the brush for you.  At a sweet £5.49 (from Boots) you save a mighty £10.51 compared to the MAC.  The brush itself is made from synthetic taklon bristles which are 100% cruelty free. The handle and the furrule are also eco-friendly.  There isn't much difference at all when it comes to performance, they both look and feel the same. 

I'm always going to love my 266 but if you're just starting out with makeup I recommend the Ecotools simply because of the price.  If your obviously going to train to be a makeup artist then it'd be worth investing in brushes by MAC.  But if you're not a professional it might be worth sticking to high street brands like Ecotools and Real Techniques.

Have you ever tried any of these brushes?

Angela xox
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I am loving Eco tools and lower end brushes in general. I am not interested in mac brushes at all anymore. there are so many better dupes out there. Great post lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i havent ried either - i use Dior brushes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eccotools made by fake hair?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

© CHATTING WITH ANGELA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig