Sunday 21 August 2011

Stila Shimmer Duo in Kitten

I have exciting news ladies, especially us UK ladies!!!  If you have heard of the brand Stila which is a US brand, you'll be happy to know that Stila is now available in the UK in Boots.  The entire range is not available but some of the brands best items are now here!!!! Yay! 

The box/packaging

If you remember back from my NYC haul I purchased a few Stila items.  I love Stila so I raided Sephora and Macy's a few times.  This isn't the first time Stila is in the UK.  Years ago Stila used to be in the UK in Space NK stores.  But for some reason it went into hiding never to be seen again....until now that is.  Now when I say it's now stocked in Boots I can only assume it is available in large Boots stores.  Not the little stores.  I found my Stila counter at Boots in Lakeside Thurrock.


Natural lighting ...what it looks like inside the compact

The left side is the most famous Stila shade in Kitten.  If you have MAC's All that Glitters eyeshadow it is pretty similar to that.  If you don't know what All that Glitters is, the only way I can describe the shadow is like a pale pearly pink with very fine glitter.  It's very pretty.

The right side is a golden colour which is really nice, but I don't know if that has its own name.  I would say this is more the bronzing shade and Kitten is for highlighting.  But when I use this I sweep my brush over both colours to get a mixture of both of them.

With a flash

With the above and below pictures you can see how shimmery the swatches are. They are not filled with 'chucky' glitter more a ultra fine shimmer. If you applied this to your face you won't look like you threw glitter on your face.
With the product you are not just limited to using this as a cheek/brow highlight, you can use it anywhere. You can use it on your décolleté or neck/collar bone, arms, shoulders ...anywhere.  They are safe to use around the eye area, so you can use as eyeshadows if you like (they can be applied wet or dry).  I have been using this as a cheek highlight though and it looks so nice on your face.  I have to say that this has excellent lasting power and in fact this lasts all day on my cheeks.  It doesn't disappear like some products would.  I do get sweaty tubes/subways to work and we all know what travelling in hot humid conditions is like....so the fact this lasts is fabulous.

The compact cost £16.00 if you're wondering.  It does seem expensive but I can't see myself running out of this anytime soon.  I've been using this for a few weeks and I've barely made a dent in the top.  I think it's the fact you don't need a lot of this product to make it work for you.


Top is with the flash and below is natural 'dull' lighting


I did only purchase this from Boots, it's not that I had to hold myself back it's just I still have lots of my NYC items so I saw no reason to go crazy.

So if you're a UK Stila lover you can buy from Boots online here.  There is a Stila stand in the Lakeside branch, so you can see it up close and personal there :-)  Also....there is more....If you know the online site ASOS, you might of seen that they sell Stila on their website too!!! Click here to have a look.

Angela xox
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

© CHATTING WITH ANGELA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig