Saturday 27 August 2011

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre | Emerveille & Ebloui

If you want to see my Chanel haul post click right here.  I promised a in depth show an tell of my new Chanel items so here is the post for the Illusion D'Ombre's in the shades Emerveille & Ebloui.

L-R ~ 82 Emerveille and 86 Ebloui

Packaging is sleek and come in cute glass jars.  Pretty much like MAC's Paint Pots...just better looking.

As above L-R ~ 82 Emerveille and 86 Ebloui

These are a very similar texture to a Maybelline Moose product, they feel like sponge cake.  Creamy-spongy-soft-velvet-moose.  They are not clumpy and look like powder eye shadows once they are blended onto the lid. 

My main advice with these and with ANY eyeshadow, use an eyeshadow base before you apply these.  They are 'long wearing shadows' but they'll stay put much longer if you use a base.  I use my holy grail item MAC's Painterly Paint Pot.

They have a ultra micro fine glitter in them to make them look metallic.  It's not chucky glitter at all and there will be no fall out under the eyes.

Cute brush you can use to apply the product

In the boxes you get the shadow and a brush like above.  It's so small it's the size of my little finger.  The handle turns into the lid and its perfect for on the go application. 

Only problem with the brush, they do not collect enough shadow so you have to go back and forth a lot which is annoying.  I used my finger in the end which was better.

The swatches: Top-Bottom ~ 86 Ebloui & 82 Emerveille


If I had to compare these colours I would say Ebloui is like MAC's Twinks eyeshadow with the added micro-fine glitter.  It's a reddish toned Brown/Cranberry shade.  A lovely crease colour.
 
Emerveill for me resembles MAC's All that Glitters and maybe Stila's Kitten.  It's a light pinky/peach/champagne colour.  It is perfect for throwing over the lid for a quick natural look.
 
At £22.50 each they may seem expensive but honestly you get a lot of product in the pot.  Plus you don't need a lot of the product on your brush or fingerto make this work.  The pigmentation is beautiful.

The collection launched last Friday and I know these are hot property so If you like the look of these get on down to your nearest Chanel stand.  I believe there are six new shades to choose from!!!!

Angela xox
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

© CHATTING WITH ANGELA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig