Friday 11 November 2016

Syn Check


The following story is a true story and I'm about to share with you a lesson I learnt from it.  

Once upon a time a girl was feeling naughty, that girl being me.  My hubby is the time of guy who can eat whatever he likes and still remain nice and trim - b*****d!  We went for a lunch time date, we didn't want anything big like a meal out - so we decided to go to a coffee shop.

I never really go to coffee shops too often, as I know they are not the most healthiest places.  I mean who knew you could chose skinny milk if you wanted - I have clearly been living under a rock!  I ordered a hot chocolate thinking I was being good, by not having the whipped cream and marshmallows (this was me being naughty but good).  However then out came the next sentence...

...can I also have a bakewell tart please?

I blame the Great British Bake Off for that, but before I knew it I'd paid for our drinks and snacks and we were sitting down having a nice time.  I drank, I ate - I was happy... then I go get my Slimming World app out and learnt the reality of my decisions.  20.5 syns for a bakewell tart!  God I nearly died and wanted to cry.  I couldn't change what I'd done, the bakewell was now having a party with my stomach acids and part of me wished I could make myself sick.  I was thinking extreme measures, but what was done was done.

If I could have my time again, I would forward plan and check the app first instead of after.  It's good to be spontaneous and do what makes you happy, but looking back I could of had nearly three hot chocolates instead of one bakewell.  Yuck.

I guess what I'm trying to say is think before you eat.  As I said I don't adventure into coffee shops much and I honestly didn't know what to expect.  I have a sweet tooth and seeing the treats just over loaded my will power till it ceased to exist.  I think next time I will let my hubby do the ordering and sit at the table away from the sweet stuff.  I might not like it at the time, but I'll end up thanking myself later on for staying away from the temptation.

The end.

Angela
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

© CHATTING WITH ANGELA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig