Friday 21 July 2017

You're Not Alone!


As I write this post I'm listening to Linkin Park's song Numb from their Meteora album.

The sad news that Chester Bennington, the lead singer from Linkin Park apparently took his own life on Thursday shocked the music world. It almost felt like a small part of me had died. I have been long time fan of Linkin Park, first hearing their music when I was a wee 16 year old back in 2000. Powerful head banging music with lyrics that are deep and real - so easy to relate to. If you've never listened to their songs, try them. I'm now listening to One More Light and the lyrics seem quite on point considering what has happened to Chester.

It is sad that yet another person (famous or not we are all the same) has decided that the only way out or the route to end their personal pain is death. Such a waste of a life.  Depression/stress/anxiety takes so many people for us. An invisible disease that gets in the minds of many and causes shit loads of suffering.

Mental health is surrounded by taboos. It is seen as a weakness by many, but it isn't.  If you broke your leg, you'd go to the doctor to get it fixed right?  What's the difference with your mind? Think about it for a second or two. If it's broken... you should go to get it fixed too? It is not something to be ashamed or embarrassed about I promise you.

Back in March 2015 I wrote about my own mental health issues HERE.  I know the struggle is real and all the time I am battling those anxiety stress demons that like to try and creep and take over my mind and body. Going to the doctors and admitting I needed help was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.  I felt like I was almost weak, but in reality I was strong for admitting I had a issue that I needed help with.  I was lucky, but so many are not. It takes so much to ask for help and for some they just cannot do it.

I will keep this post a short one, but if you feel like you are alone remember you're not.  It's your mind telling you you are, but truly you are not. It's hard to make the first step - trust me from experience I know. Once you take the first step be it a phone call to a support helpline or visiting your doctor, then your finally on the road to recovery. It will not be an instant cure as such and the road can be long, but you will have people who care about you supporting you along the way.

Seeking help is NOT a weakness, it shows you are strong and have courage.  It shows that you do not want the invisible disease to be who you are - you want to be you and only you! Please always remember you are NOT alone.

Angela x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

© CHATTING WITH ANGELA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig