Thursday 29 March 2012

It's Back to MAC time!

If you saw my latest YouTube video you'd know that I recently done a bit of recycling.  Nothing is quite satisfying than doing a bit of Back To MAC.  The scheme where you return six empties in exchange for a brand spanking new lipstick *smile*.  I did my last Back To MAC some time ago and I've been collecting my empties since then.  I did some depotting last week, so finally had enough containers for two Back To MAC lipsticks. YAY!!!!!

So me and the hubby made a day of it and trekked to Harrods, as we were having afternoon tea as part of  a Christmas present.  It was good timing to do my Back To MAC.  So here's what I got....

(L-R) Plumful and Lustering

Two random lipsticks which you have probably never heard of! Yes.  Not your normal, Snob, Angel, Crème De Nude but Lustering and Plumful.  Both lustres and both lovely.
Plumful, Lustering and Sweetie

Plumful is very similar to a colour I already own called Sweetie which is a lustre finish also.  I have a review here which has completely changed since I wrote it, as Sweetie is now one of my favourites.  Funny how your opinions can change.  The easiest way to describe this colour is berry, plum colour which is slightly vampy.

Lustering is on the red side.  I love lips with a hint of red so I'm hoping this will look fabulous but not too over the top as it is a lustre finish.  The above picture (in the flash part), it looks cutie corally.  Or is that my eyes...LOL!

Swatch time with a flash...


They all look similar, you'd think they were all the same.  Plumful is obviously slightly darker and more pigmented.  Layering the colours when applying will make the colour pop more.  Don't they look beautiful????

Have you done any Back To MAC recently or just bought any MAC lipsticks??

Angela xox
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. All these are such gorgeous colour, they are all my wishlist.
    I awarded you a blog blog award lovely. http://brighttowngirl.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/blogger-appreciation-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

© CHATTING WITH ANGELA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig