Monday 25 April 2011

Smokey Eye Makeup Look

I thought I'd show you my face of the day, or mostly eye makeup of the day which I wore today.  Thought I'd vamp up a smokey eye.  I am wearing blush in the picture, but I took the pictures in the garden in the sunshine (yes England gets sunshine), so the blush and other makeup looks quite washed out.

Face... eyes open...

...and eyes closed..


Here are the items I used to create the smokiness:

Eye shadows:


MAC Quarry - all over the lid
MAC Omega - in the crease
NYX White - inner corner and highlight

I haven't got a picture, but I used my holy grail eye shadow base MAC's Painterly Paint Pot.  Apply this all over the lid and the lower lash line.

Liner & Mascara used are:


Maybelline One by One Mascara - Two coats top lashes (see my review here)
Estee Lauder Double Wear Mascara - bottom lashes
Estee Lauder Double Wear Eyeliner Graphite - Top and bottom lash line
Estee Lauder Double Wear Eyeliner Onyx- Tight line and water line

Natural lighting!

Out in the garden where the sun was shining!!!

This look isn't too OTT smokiness, which I like.  I think you could easily get away with this at work..perhaps.  The MAC Quarry colour is a lovely matte colour which doesn't give the look too much drama.  And Omega in the crease is soft and natural...Omega is Matte and from MAC also.  I think a good choice of colours which are matte, works really well for this look.


I used EL eyeliners, which I'm loving....using a non black colour works great to soften this smokey eye.  And water line and tight lining in black makes your lashes pop more and makes them seem more dense.  Like you've got fake lashes on.

I'm loving the smokey look.  I totally recommend all the products I used, there was no smudging or slippage with the eyeliner.

I hope you all had a good Easter!!!

Angela xox
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

© CHATTING WITH ANGELA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig