Thursday 12 June 2014

Vichy - Dermablend Fluid Foundation

For quite a few weeks now I have been consistently been wearing Vichy's Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation.  Before wanting to report back to you guys I wanted to use and abuse it, so I could give you my full and honest opinion.



So a little about the Vichy Dermablend line.  Dermablend was mainly created to help with problematic skin.  Acne scaring, rosacea, burns, vitiligo, birth marks, tattoos, uneven skin tones, hyper pigmentation.  There are lots of different products from the line which can be used.  Click the link here to find what will suit you.

This Corrective Foundation is mainly aimed at people with light to medium skin issues like redness, acne scaring and uneven skin tones.  I am fortunate to have never suffered from acne - however I do have redness, dark cirlces and a few broken capillaries which need covering.


My one piece of advice before applying this is to get the base ...i.e. your skin exfoliated and moisturised with a good moisturiser.  This product and dry skin do not go together well.  It will grab hold of any dry and flakey patches of skin.  Our foundation should be flawless, not drawing attention to it with a big neon sign. 

So once the base is prepped lets talk about how to apply to the skin.

You know the motto 'less is more'....remember this.  If you apply too much it will look cakey and it will also settle into any fine lines.  I discovered this when I slapped too much on and just looked a little gross.  The best way I have learnt is to layer it.  Thin layers, building up where you need more coverage.

Lets see the before and after shots.

Here is me ... bare faced with only a moisturiser on as a base (I used the Avene Rich Hydrating Cream for reference).  Take note of the dark circles, the light pigmentation on my nose and cheeks and the redness around my nose.


When I apply this I much perfer to use my fingers or a Beauty Blender sponge.  Dabbing layers on is far better than brushing I have found.  The brushing motion can move the product before it has had a chance to set, plus it can leave streaks.

The liquid is not too thick and glides on.  It is very blendable and the coverage is medium to high... it all depends on how much you layer on.

Now the after shot...



OK... Yes you can slightly still see my dark circles, but if you compare the pictures there is a dramatic difference.  I have not concealled, I have only used the foundation.  I am more than happy with the look.  My second piece of advice is to use a powder to set everything.  Vichy do sell a loose setting powder which works perfectly with this.

So is the Dermablend worth it??? 100% yes!  If you need to cover skin problems then give this a go.  As long as you moisturise and use a setting powder you will have a long lasting coverage.  Well the tube does say it lasts up to 16hours.  Also for reference i used shade Opal 15.

Any bad stuff to report??? As long as you layer it and don't slap it on, you will be fine.  I did feel I did need to blot my face and reapply powder ... but I get a oily t-zone so it is not very surprising to me.

Do you suffer from skin complaints?  Would you give this a go?  I'd certainly recommend it and to be honest dermatologists recommend it also.  You can purchase from Escentual and Boots (in store and online at Boots).

Ax
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

© CHATTING WITH ANGELA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig