Friday 2 September 2011

Monthly Favourites: August 2011

Its been a while since wrote about my monthly favourites. So I thought I'd wow you with just a few quick favourites.  There isn't a ton of items but here goes anyways.

L-R ~ In Bloom, Garnier Roll On, Aveda, Superdrug Watch, MAC's Bare Study & Omega and Essence of Beauty Duo Brush


Close up of: the watch, Essence of Beauty brush and MAC's Bare Study and Omega

I neglected my Bare Study for a little too long and it had got to that time where I needed to dust off this little gem.  My ultimate holy grail which you should know by now is Painterly for an eyeshadow base.  But I'm getting to the end of Painterly (I hit pan).  I was tempted to buy another but I thought it'd be wiser to use what i have lurking around my vanity draws.  I have to say I had forgot how nice Bare Study actually is.  Yes it isn't a matte colour which I'm used to...but it is quite pretty.  It brightens the eye area with it's shimmer.

Omega is one of those MAC eye shadows that you don't hear about too often. The matte shadow (which is part of the permanent line, if you didn't know that already) is a light grey/taupey colour. I find this perfect for blending creases or even a wash of colour all over the lid. A really plain non-fussy eye. I have teamed with Quarry to create a smokey eye look previously. Click here for you wish to have a peek.

I love my Essence of Beauty brushes which I purchased on my March trip to NYC. You can pick this up in CVS Pharmacy. I bought the 6 pack (3 brush handles with 6 different brush heads) for $14.99 plus your taxes. I usually use my CVS brushes to apply my makeup on the train...means you only need to take 3 with you and they do the job of 6 brushes. Easy peasy.

I love big watches.  For me it feels like your wearing a guys watch because it's so big and chucky.  I picked this watch a few months ago in Superdrug and it was only £7.99.  I thought it was a complete bargain.
In Bloom, Garnier Nutritionist andAveda...

In Bloom was a late July purchase. I went to the Marks & Spencer outlet in Lakeside Thurrock where they sell reduced stock. I spotted this in the beauty/home section.  You could buy 3 get the cheapest for free.  It's only a small bottle which is perfect for taking out and about in my handbag.  The In Bloom scent is Jasmine and Honeysuckle which is delicious.

From the state of my of roll on you can tell my Garnier Nutritionist Caffeine Eye Roll On is well loved.  I loved the roller ball as it's cooling and it almost gives you a mini massage on your under eye area when you use it.  It can be pricey though, so have a shop around.

My little pump of Aveda Volumizing Tonic is so cute.  I got a free sample when I popped into buy Shampoo and Conditioner.  I have quite flat hair sometimes so it's nice to get samples to try things out before buying the big bottle.  This does work quite nicely for me but because I have thick heavy hair it doesn't last too long sadly.  But I still love it.

What are you favourites this month?

Angela xox
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

© CHATTING WITH ANGELA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig