Sunday 17 October 2010

I heart shopping!

I really like a good shopping trip so yesterday my Hubby and I popped to Lakeside our local mall /shopping centre to browse the latest offerings. We had a little trip to IKEA as we’re looking to decorate our living room soon-ish. We also popped to a few shops and picked up so crazy bargains. We had Wagamama’s, an early celebration lunch/dinner of our one month anniversary on Monday. I seriously cannot believe we’ve been married a month already...utter madness. Anyway back to the haulage and bargains.

I needed to purchase a few bits and bobs from Boots. So I picked up this little lot...

Pantene Pro-V Shampoo & conditioner, Batiste Dry Shampoo in Diva, Model Own Polish in Purple Ash, No7 Eye Shadow Brush & 17 Mirror Shine lipstick in Beehive

With all this in my basket I headed to those self service tills. I scanned all my goodies and paid, then whilst waiting for my receipt out popped afterwards a voucher for £5 off my next purchases of No7 and Ruby & Millie items. Doh Doh and Doh! So the bargain shopper in me went to the No7 counter lady and pleaded with puppy dog eyes ‘I literally just bought this eye shadow brush by No7, can I refund it and buy it again with the £5 off....pleaseeeee??’ She said yes with a little grumpy face... :-) The No7 brush costs £6.50 and the voucher gives you £5 off, a makeup brush for £1.50.....who is crazy enough to let that go? Not me!

So introducing my bargain £1.50 No7 Eye Shadow Blend and Contour brush....


I’ve been wanting to get another MAC 217 brush which costs about £16, this brush is a complete dup. (Duplicate) and it’s short handled which I love. You can see in the pictures I’ve got a MAC 217 next to the No7 one....not much difference is there??

I also picked up one polish from Models Own new collection The Car Keys. The other colours didn’t wow me, but I’ve been after a nice purple for a while. So why not spoil myself! Just two coats and this looks perfect! See!


I’m currently loving nude lips right now. I love MAC’s Hue which I using at a rate of knots, so I’ve been on the cheaper alternative route. So strolling through the makeup aisles Boots 17 Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive called my name and asked to be bought. Lol not really, I’m not hearing voices! This was about £4.99 when MAC lipsticks are about £12. So creamy and glossy, I love this!


Finally Vaseline’s new Coca Butter Petroleum Jelly, definitely recommend you give this a sniff. It smells yummy! Vaseline is so versatile and we all need added moisturiser in the colder months. Buy buy buy I say!


This was a great haul for me, Boots always do offers like buy 3 get cheapest for free! I didn’t have to pay for Batiste Dry Shampoo, it costs £2.30 but both the Pantene’s cost £3.99....so I got it for free! I love these kinds of shopping trips.

Also picked up some winter knee boots from Next, which were £60...but because I had gift cards and returns to make, so I only had to pay £11!!! Whoop whoop!  Also picked up a top and cardigan from Primark, which was paid for by my lovely Hubby! Ahhh !!  I'm a lucky girl.

So have you picked up any goodies lately!

~ Angela xoxo
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I also love shopping at Boots! Specially because of their loyalty card! I often get lots of goodies for free...
    I have the same brush and I love it. If you haven't tried yet, their foundation & concealer brush are also a must have!

    Confessions of a Beautyholic

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

© CHATTING WITH ANGELA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig